The registration for the 14th conference of The World Mycotoxin Forum® is now open. The early bird fee lasts until 1 April 2023.
The World Mycotoxin Forum® – 14th conference
We are happy to announce that the 14th conference of The World Mycotoxin Forum® – WMFmeetsBelgium – will take place in Antwerp, Belgium, 9-11 October 2023. The conference is organized as an in-person event, and online participation is not possible.
WMFmeetsBelgium will offer an excellent way to network, share ideas, and formulate recommendations and conclusions on how to close knowledge gaps, including:
- Presentations and discussions in plenary meetings and parallel sessions
- Poster sessions
- Young scientist sessions
- company pitches, case studies, and industry updates covering a wide range of topics
- Workshops and demonstrations
- A concurrent instrument/manufacturers exhibition providing information on equipment, products, and services.
The conference chairs and the committee members are looking forward to meeting you.
General Conference Chairs
Prof. Rudolf Krska
Department IFA-Tulln, BOKU Vienna, Austria
Prof. Chris Elliott
The Institute for Global Food Security, Queen’s University Belfast, Northern Ireland
Local Conference Chairs
Prof. Sarah De Saeger and Prof. Marthe De Boevre
Centre of Excellence in Mycotoxicology and Public Health, Ghent University, Belgium
Dr Tess Goessens, Dr Celine Meerpoel, Dr María Agustina Pavicich, Dr Roger Pero-Gascon and Dr Esther Derycke
Ghent University, Belgium
International Advisory Committee
Prof. Chiara Dall’Asta, University of Parma, Italy
Dr Johan De Meester, Cargill R&D Centre Europe, Belgium
Prof. Hans-Ulrich Humpf, University of Münster, Germany
Prof. Yang Liu, Foshan University, China
Dr Fernando B. Luciano, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Paraná, Brazil
Prof. Angel Medina-Vaya, Cranfield University, UK
Dr Monique de Nijs, Wageningen Food Safety Research, the Netherlands
Dr Isabelle Oswald, INRAE, France
Dr Lien Thi Kim Phan, Ho Chi Minh City University of Food Industry, Vietnam
Dr Kanniah Rajasekaran, U.S. Department of Agriculture, USA
Prof. Michele Suman, Barilla, Italy
Dr Sheryl Tittlemier, Canadian Grain Commission, Canada
Dr Neriman Yilmaz Visagie, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Dr Guangtao Zhang, Mars, China
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Interested participants from universities, research institutes and industry are strongly encouraged to submit abstracts for ORAL and/or POSTER presentations. Particularly students/young scientists are encouraged to submit abstracts.
Submission deadline for oral presentations: 15 March 2023Expired!
- Submission deadline for poster presentations: 15 September 2023
Rules for submission
- Abstracts must be sent to: WMF[at]bastiaanse-communication.com
- Abstracts must be submitted in Microsoft Word and shall not exceed 400 words. The title of the abstract should clearly define the work presented; don’t forget to mention the names of the authors and their affiliation(s). Please note: the number of co-authors is limited to max. 10.
- The conference chairs and the advisory committees will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for an oral presentation or a poster presentation.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges the author’s acceptance for the abstract to be published in the book of abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered and paid participants.
Poster size: A0 portrait (841 mm x 1189 mm). Appropriate means of affixing the poster to the poster board will be supplied on site. Posters will be displayed throughout the conference.
The scientific programme is under the control of the conference chairs and the advisory committees. High-quality speakers, ample time for discussions, and every opportunity to establish rewarding connections are values The World Mycotoxin Forum® wants to uphold.
Further information will follow as soon as available.
The World Mycotoxin Forum® offers various business opportunities at the conference in Antwerp, including sponsoring and exhibiting. Parallel to the conference a commercial exhibition will be organised in which presentations of services and products are given. Participants of the conference have ample opportunity to visit the exhibition during the various breaks.
Reasons why becoming a sponsor and/or exhibitor is a good marketing strategy:
- Communicate your message to a highly qualified scientific and expert audience
- Increase visibility in focused markets
- Highlight your company’s expertise
- Generate new sales leads
- Network with specialists
- Build new partnerships
- Find out about new research being undertaken
The brochure with the various business opportunities can be downloaded here.
LOCATION & VENUE
Antwerp is an important cultural and trading centre, and home to more than 170 different nationalities. With more than 500,000 residents, Antwerp is Belgium’s second most populous city.
As the city with one of the most exciting restaurant scenes, train station and ZOO in the world, Antwerp holds many more trump cards such as Rubens, Plantin, diamonds, chocolate, fashion, museums, and Belgian beers.
A Room with a ZOO
A Room with a ZOO – Flanders Meeting & Convention Center Antwerp – is a state-of-the-art conference centre located in the heart of the city, next to Central Station and Antwerp ZOO. A Room with a ZOO offers a unique blend of modern infrastructure in a historical setting.
A Room with a ZOO is part of the Antwerp ZOO Society. Profits of congresses and events immediately support efforts on cherishing nature through animal welfare, education and awareness building. Your participation in WMFmeetsBelgium in A Room with a ZOO contributes directly to nature conservation. In A Room with a ZOO, your engagement cherishes nature.
Regardless of how you arrive in Antwerp, the city centre is always within easy reach. Proximity is key – just hop off the train and enter A Room with a ZOO within a matter of minutes. There is also a direct 34-minute rail connection between Brussels International Airport and Antwerp. Conveniently located at the crossroads of European motorways, Antwerp can be easily reached by car and coach.
Participants are responsible for making their own accommodation arrangements. Please note: October is a very busy period in Antwerp, so you are advised to book early to secure your accommodation.
Antwerp Convention Bureau is the official housing agent for this event. They have arranged special room rates at 7 different hotels, all conveniently located within close walking distance of the conference venue. For more details on the hotels, please click here.
And if you don’t see your preferred hotel available online, there are of course also other hotels available in Antwerp.
Alert! Be Aware of Housing Scams
Accommodation bookings should be made via the web link above or directly by yourself. Please note: you may receive an email from agencies offering the booking of hotel accommodation. This is a scam. We have no agreement with any agency.
The fee includes the welcome reception, the book of abstracts, lunch, coffee/tea, and drinks/snacks as announced in the timetable. The registration fee does not include hotel accommodation.
According to EU legislation, the services in respect of admission to cultural, artistic, sporting, scientific, educational, entertainment or similar events, are subjected to the VAT (Value Added Tax) of the place where the event actually takes place. As the event will take place in Belgium, the service invoiced to you is subjected to Belgian VAT (21%). See, at this regard, articles 53 and 54 of Council Directive 2006/112/EC.
Early Bird Fee
- Bachelor, Master and PhD students only; postdocs are not considered 'students'.
- Registration will only be accepted if the Conference Registration Form is accompanied by (i) a proof of studentship and (ii) an abstract for a poster presentation; otherwise, registration will be denied.
- Every paying participant (except for registered students) may be accompanied by one participant for the special registration fee, provided that the following conditions are met: (i) the paying participant and the accompanying participant are employed with the same company/organisation at the same location; and (ii) the paying participant and the accompanying participant register and pay (with ONE invoice) at the same time.
Tuesday evening 10 October 2023.
Young Scientists Forum
Following the success of last year’s first Young Scientists Forum (YSF), Selko, the feed additive brand of Nutreco, is hosting the second edition of this joyful event. We look forward to getting inspired by young researchers, scientists, and students on new and existing mycotoxin challenges around the globe. The main theme and discussion points remain to be announced, but we look forward to connecting new and experienced professionals and to learn from each other. We will welcome anybody who is young in the literal form, or young at heart to join in the informal discussion on Tuesday 10 October 2023.
ABOUT THE WORLD MYCOTOXIN FORUM®
The World Mycotoxin Forum® is the leading international meeting series on mycotoxins dedicated to assembling the world’s best minds across the spectrum of integrated strategies ensuring the safety and security of the food and feed supply chain. The World Mycotoxin Forum® brings together a holistic conference programme covering the latest issues in mycotoxin management and is targeted at everyone working in the mycotoxin space – researchers, food and feed industry, laboratories, policy makers, and enforcement agencies from around the world.