Call for abstracts
For each of the three pre-conferences, the Advisory Committee will select three young scientists to pitch their research. To be eligible for a pitch, you must submit an abstract indicating at which pre-conference (Human Exposome, Animal Health or Analysis) you would like to present. The time slot per pitch is 7 minutes. At the end of each pre-conference, one young scientist will be awarded the WMF Pitch Award. The winner of the WMF Pitch Award will be given the opportunity to give an oral presentation at the in-person conference in Parma.
Submission deadline for abstracts for online pitches:
- pre-conference Human Exposome:
12 September 2021 Closed
- pre-conference Animal Health:
30 October 2021 Closed
- pre-conference Analysis:
31 December 2021 Closed
Rules for submission
- Abstracts must be sent to: WMF[at]bastiaanse-communication.com
- Abstracts must be submitted in Microsoft Word and shall not exceed 400 words. The title of the abstract should clearly define the work presented; don’t forget to mention the names of the authors and their affiliation(s). Please note: the number of co-authors is limited to max. 10.
- The Advisory Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for a pitch.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges the author’s acceptance for the abstract to be published in the book of abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered and paid participants.
Please note: There will not be a poster session during the virtual pre-conferences.